On this page
Investing in crypto or NFTs is just as much about deciding what projects to avoid as it is about deciding what has real potential. Particularly the deeper you go, you must establish your own criteria for sniffing out scams, potential fraud, or short-sighted visions.
Obviously, there’s nuance to this, and not quite as easy as checking boxes.
On this week’s episode of the NFT QT Show, we are joined by special guest Bennett Tomlin, co-host of the Crypto Critics Corner podcast. He’s a data scientist that is fascinated by tracking down fraud in crypto-related projects. We cover topics including:
- Spotting scams or fraud danger in crypto-related projects
- Comparing / contrasting securities and NFTs
- Relating the failures of early utility and governance cryptocurrencies with today’s NFT projects
- Bennett’s take on NFT-related coins and SEC regulation
The conversation flows between crypto and NFTs, drawing comparables between the red flags we all need to look out for.
More than anything, it was refreshing to be joined by a guest who hasn’t necessarily “drank the NFT Kool-Aid” and can analyze the space with a skeptical, but thoughtful perspective.
- Why Architecture Matters in the Metaverse w/ The Meeting Place
- The Meeting Place NFT – Designing Readymade Networking Spaces in the Metaverse
- Introducing the Foodverse by OneRare – a play-to-earn game based around the world’s love for food
- Why David Salle, the Legendary Contemporary Artist, Decided to Create An NFT
- Will Generative Music Have Its Moment Like Generative Art Has?
- Changing the Business Model of Social Media w/ Glimpse
- Why Sports IP is Translating Well to NFTs with Own The Moment
- How shl0ms Pushes the Limits of NFT Smart Contracts w/ His Conceptual Art
- Metaverse Noir – How Short Stories Could Inform NFT Projects
- Fan Controlled Football – Can NFTs Bring Us A New Model of Pro Sports Team Ownership?
- How to Spot Red Flags in NFT and Crypto-Related Projects w/ Bennett Tomlin
- Readymade Virtual Estates – A Plug-and-Play Model Home for Brands
- Whales vs. Shrimps – New NFT Auction Format from Superhow.art
- Crockpot NFT – How I’d Do It Better
- Charitable NFTs – How to Create Perpetual Non-Profit Donations